Service - Curing Simulation
A fast and inexpensive method for the cycle time reduction is to shorten the curing time of laminates and adhesives.
These parameters essentially affect this process:
- Resin or adhesive system used
- Reactivity behaviour of hardeners
- Duration and temperature of mould heating
- Use of active auxiliary heaters (such as hot air or heating mats)
- Covering with and removal of insulation of different thicknesses
- Heating and cooling behaviour of moulds
- Temperature and air movement in the production hall
Sufficient glass transition temperatures should be available for intermediate production steps in order to start with the next production steps and, finally at the end, sufficient curing of the materials must be ensured.
In any curing step, the temperature must not be higher than the permitted temperature range of the materials used.
We are able to simulate of curing of common epoxy resin systems and optimize the curing process in a short time, taking into account the different material composition and thicknesses.
Our simulation tool can also be used to develop optimal combinations of hardeners and mixtures.
This simulation tool further allows the control of curing by comparing the target and actual temperatures.